Discover the magic of your next experience...
- Login to Voglr to share, upload and review your favourite videos
- Search the map for hotels in your desired destination
- View videos by your favourite hotel group
- Browse our Ultimate Collection for a truly exclusive trip
Few regions are as romanticised as central Romania’s Transylvania. Boasting a scenic backdrop of Carpathian Mountains, Bram Stoker’s 1897 horror novel Dracula has falsely cemented the image of Transylvania as an ominous land rampant with vampires, crumbling turrets, and foreboding forests, and many visitors, in their haste to step into this storybook and get to the acclaimed Bran Castle, overlook less celebrated wonders that capture the Country's innate history; which s even more riveting than the myth. Descending deep into the centuries
Whether you are seeking a truly special setting for your Honeymoon, somewhere suitably ambient for a special occassion (which may or may not involve much planning, procrastination and a small black box) , or simply an impromptu retreat in which to embrace your romance, we have compiled our pick of the worlds five most romantic destinations to enjoy some quality time for two.
1. Santorini, Greece - Inherently beautiful, the Greek Island of Santorini is frequently referred to as one of the most romantic locations in the world. With spellbinding views of azure ocean, intimate eateries overlooking the captivating caldera, white washed houses off set by a picture perfect backdrop of blue domed churches, and characterful cobbled streets which meander down the edge of what was once an ancient volcanic crater, Santorini retains the magic of its rich past, offering the perfect setting for a Valentines break with someone special, or creating your first memories of mar
''Two roads diverged in a wood. I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference'' - Robert Frost
The new year. A time when self improvement is often at the forefront of the mind. What better excuse to travel.
Travel is transformational. As a process it challenges and changes our perspectives, it allows us to evolve, to grow and to become adept at adapting. Travel enriches our core being, which in turn enriches our lives, and enhances our ability to form meaningful connections with others.
We could continue to look at ways in which travelling counters more structured forms of therapeutic intervention and offers a holistic means of addressing inner conflicts. Instead let's propose five reasons why you should start organising your next trip, now - and having taken time to read our guidance, it would be rude of you not to.
1. It will boost your self esteem.
From selecting a destination and accommodation, to creating
With summer a mere glimmer in the distance and the festive season fast approaching, what could be a better time to consider a bit of winter sun. From crisper rays of sunshine in the South of France, to the sizzling sands of the Caribbean and the Emirates, here are our pick of warm and wonderful winter destinations for 2017/2018.
Average temperature during winter: 26°C
It is fair to say that whilst Barbados is a prime destination for year round travel the island is at its best for winter sun, with temperatures throughout the azure ocean just as welcoming as the weather. A vast collection of hotel and villa accommodation can be found on the islands dazzling west coast, where waters are calm and pristine stretches of white sand coastline await. From December